Thursday, December 16, 2010

We Have Frosties!

Despite having so many embryos, only 3 of the 6-day blastocysts were good enough quality to freeze. If IVF doesn't work, Aaron and I would then pursue a frozen embryo transfer (FET), but only the really good embryos can make it through the thawing process.

The quality of our frozen babies are:
  • 5AA (jackpot!)
  • 5BB-
  • 2AB
I'm a little disappointed that more were not frozen, but this IVF cycle will work. I have to remain positive. :)

As for how I'm feeling, I'm just relaxing at home. Aaron's at work, my dad came over early and got Ella ready for school and dropped her off, and then he'll be picking her up and bringing her home with Christmas movies for us to enjoy this afternoon until Aaron gets home and can hang out with her. :)

It's hard being on bed rest because I feel like I'm so incapable and constantly asking for things. Dr. Weckstein said the only times he wants me to get up is when I have to go to the bathroom. I'm glad to be able to rest, though, because I'm feeling so bloated and uncomfortable, which I've been told is normal post egg transfer. On top of that, the egg retrieval has still left my ovaries very sore and tender, which is also to be expected and they might be that way for a while longer.

So, I plan on resting for the remainder of the day, sending positive vibes to my uterus, and eating lots of pineapple. My acupuncturist told me, and I've read a lot on-line, that pineapple can help with implantation. Hey, whatever helps, right? And even if it doesn't help, at least it's healthy. :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Woo Hoo!!!! It's always nice to know you have those ice babies :) Glad to hear your following doctors orders, enjoy the relaxation as much as you can.

Rach said...

Glad you have 3 great ones! I think this one will work too! Probably an FET for another baby in the future!!

Jessica White said...

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers!!!!