I so wish the egg retrieval wasn't postponed that extra day. I'd be finding out if I'm pregnant TOMORROW. But instead, I'm only 7dp5dt, and my Beta pregnancy test isn't scheduled until Friday.
I have to tell you, despite the agonizing circle of emotions this wait has put me through, the "two week wait" (well, technically, 9 days since transfer day) has flown by. I thought time would stand still. And even though each day seemingly dragged on and on, the days combined flew into each other.
I think most of it is due to my in-laws visiting. They arrived Saturday (3dp5dt) and just left today. Time always passes faster when routine is interrupted and some fun is brought into the picture. (Not to say my life isn't fun, but you know what I mean!).
As for how I'm feeling...that's hard to answer.
The ups and downs I'm going through is serious business. Literally, my mood can change in the blink of an eye! I can be so filled with hope and positive vibes one minute, and down in the dumps, ready to call it quits the next.
My bum is so sore from the PIO (progesterone in oil) injections. I'm alternating the nightly stabs from left cheek to right cheek, but when the allowed area for Aaron to inject me is so small, it feels each shot is given at the same exact spot. The pain of each shot just adds to the already swollen and bruised area. Ever gotten a shot on a deep bruise? Yeah, not so fun! The shots didn't start out so bad, but with each passing night, it gets worse and worse, because I'm stabbing an area that needs to be left alone to heal, instead of brought more pain. I have big welts that seriously feel like oversized golf balls under my skin. Gross!
My cramps have subsided some, with my worst cramps being from 2dp5dt to 5dp5dt (when the little guy(s) implanted and burrowed deeper into my uterine lining...hopefully). Yesterday and today, the cramps are minimal. They are just annoying cramps that when I think about, I feel, but when I'm busy, I don't feel. Ah, the power of the mind!
As far as other symptoms...
1. I'm dirt tired. Like, going to bed at 7:30 with my 4-year old tired. I've been getting a lot of sleep, but yet, come mid-afternoon, I'm still ready to crash.
However...I could just be tired from all the hormones and emotions messing with me.
2. Late yesterday afternoon through right now, I've had a headache. Extra Strength Tylenol does aboslutely nothing for my pain, so I'm just hydrating myself in hopes that it'll help, but nope. I've heard that headaches are sometimes a symptom of early pregnancy.
However...the headache could be a side effect from the hormone medication I'm on. Or, Aaron thinks the headache might be from caffeine withdrawls, since I'm used to a cup of coffee a day and haven't had any since last Wednesday (transfer day). I would think if there were any withdrawals, I would've felt them earlier. I don't know. I've never gone without coffee before! LOL!
3. My boobs are now getting sore. They haven't been this whole time, which I thought was weird, considering the Estrace (estrogen) tablets and PIO shots should cause some discomfort, but nada...until yesterday. Although only mild, they have now reached a point of noticeable discomfort.
However...my boobs always get sore right before I start my period.
4. Metal taste in my mouth. I've heard women having this sympton in early pregnancy, but never thought anything of it. Beginning yesterday morning, though, I've noticed a metallic taste in my mouth. All the water I've been drinking has a bitter metal taste to it. I don't know how else to describe it other than sticking a nickel in my mouth, sucking on it for a little while, and then having that aftertaste in my mouth.
However...this unexplained taste could be from the PIO injections. Every time Aaron gives me the shot, I can taste it. Seriously! And it's disgusting!
5. And, last but not least, naueasu has kicked in. Yesterday morning while at work, I noticed I was feeling faint nausea. I texted Aaron and told him, and his response was a quick, "Well, duh, you're pregnant!" :) I felt it throughout the day yesterday, especially near dinner time again, and when I got to work this morning, the feeling resurfaced.
However...the metal taste in my mouth can be making me feel nauseaus.
Quiz:
What can be causing most, if not all, the symptoms described above?
(a) Pregnancy
(b) Period
(c) Hormones/medication/injections
(d) All of the above.
If you answered (d), you are correct.
As Will Ferrell in Anchorman puts it best, "I'm in a glass case of emotion!"
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Okay...but i'm going to go with A for you!
Hoping and praying for you. Can't wait to hear good news :)
Are you going to test POAS at home or just wait until your beta? The suspense is already killing me :-)
Don't wanna jinx anything but yea sounds like A to me too!! :) How super exciting! I hope and pray you get your Christmas Eve miracle :)
I'm praying for a Christmas miracle for you guys! I'm optimistic, but I've also been around the block to know that battle of getting your hopes up and having them crash...repeated before BETA.
Praying!
Hang in there! You are in the home stretch now. Fingers crossed for an excellent beta. :)
Excited for Friday!! This worked!!
Im thinking A - Can't wait for tomorrow!. xoxoxox
One day of waiting left... I am just a little bit jealous :) With all your signs it really does sound like your are indeed preggo! Hoping for good results tomorrow.
Yes... I have been cramping a little- just enough to notice and to cause me to worry-. The only other sign that I have had is being really tired-. I have been sleeping like 10-12 hours every night. And yes it could be hormones or it could be the emotional stress of visiting family or it could be a sign of pregnancy! I am hoping for the latter! MY butt is so sore too- you described it prefectly.
Hope you don't mind a guy checking in. I found your link on blog-a-licious. I am a firm believer in a God who continues to perform miracles today. I will pray for your family!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment