I had my first one last night and it really wasn't that bad at all for me. Aaron had such a hard time, though. He was shaking afterwards! But, I just iced the target on the back of my upper hip, took the weight off that side of my body, hunched over and prayed. The ice really did numb up the area that I practically felt the needle go in. Aaron, on the other hand, was a wreck, but I know he'll get better as time continues.
After Aaron pierces my skin, he has to withdraw the syringe a little to see if blood flows in. If so, that means he hit a blood vessel and he has to stab me in a new spot. If no blood, then we're in the clear and he can inject the medicine. Fun, right?
My side is really sore this morning, but I was told to expect that.
After prepping the Progesterone shot, Aaron immediately wanted to climb under a rock. I really don't know what's worse - giving or receiving the shot. I think I'd have a hard time sticking that big of needle into somebody! Aaron's been such a trooper, though! :)
Oh my word, no wonder I'm sore!
Look at all those needles I've used. I was given a special container to dispose the used needles in. It sure is filling up quickly.
Last, but surely not any less important, are all the pills I'm popping now. Thank goodness RSC provided a graph as to when to take what because otherwise it'd be very easy to mess up. :)
That's it for now. My doctor called with our fertilization report in the middle of writing this blog post, but I will share the results with you in my next post. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment