I got the call yesterday! Aaron's results are in from his blood work. Aaron is not a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis!!!
Can I tell you how happy and relieved we are?!?!? Sooooooo happy!!! :)
I immediately called Aaron, knowing full well he was in the middle of teaching, but he needed to know. It was something I know we both have been wondering ever since I was diagnosed as a carrier. If we were both carriers, it would've changed a lot of things. It would've made our road to IVF a lot more windy and drawn out (not to include, expensive!) with gene therapy. But, now...we finally know. :)
And, as you probably guessed, this is the last of what needed to be in order to proceed with our IVF cycle. So, with that, I plan on starting the birth control pill (the first step of any IVF cycle) in early November, a couple days after I start my period (that is if I start my period - we still tried to conceive this cycle, even with the almost nonexistent chance that we'd create a baby naturally). Hey, like I've said before, God can create miracles out of 0% chance!
So, needless the say, the IVF ball is rolling and gaining more momentum day by day! We're excited, nervous, anxious, scared, happy, hopeful, uncertain...the list goes on! We are a plethora of emotions, but trying to take each step of the journey as it comes and not getting ahead of ourselves. We are continually leaning on each other and God for support, encouragement and stability. And, although my future as a mother of two is uncertain, my life in my husband, my daughter, and my God are certain. :)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yay for good news! and yay for forward progress -- feels good to have a plan and be able to look into the future and have some idea what's ahead.
YAY!!! So glad y'all got to hear such good news today! God is doing great things! I'm praying for y'all everyday and can't wait to see what He has instore.
Such wonderful news all around!!!! I know its a relief for you and your family and also a relief knowing IVF can begin asap!! :)
What great news! We still try to conceive each month while we are waiting...It never hurts to try! Miracles do happen!
Yay, I am so glad that there isn't another road block in the way!!
THANK HEAVEN! I am so elated/relieved for you guys!!
If you start BCP in early Nov, our cycles may be very close together. Meaning our due dates will be very close together. ;)
YAY! That is wonderful news. I'm happy that the ball is finally rolling for you!
That is great news! Super excited for our upcoming cycles!
What wonderful news!! So happy for you guys. I am praying that more good news will be coming after you start your cycle!
Post a Comment