Thank you for choosing to come into our family
and for choosing our son as your life-mate.
Thank you for bringing into our family
the special qualities that only you possess:
your charm, intelligence, energy, and love.
Thank you for being a confidante, soul-mate, and friend,
for the cozy chats and shared laughter and tears.
Thank you for your continued kindness, acceptance,
and support -- both intellectually and emotionally.
Thank you for the countless little things you do;
you might think they go unnoticed, but we see them.
Thank you for loving our son with the intensity and wisdom
of a wife and the gentleness of an angel.
Most of all, thank you for being you.
We couldn't love you more if you were our own child.
~Poem by Joyce Barton
Thank you, Janice. I guess the proper response would be an exclamatory, "You're welcome!" but instead I'm going to humbly accept such kind words and thank you in return for welcoming me into your family and into your life with such open, accepting arms. You've been there for me in ways I needed, but didn't know I needed. You've become such a good friend (one of my best!) over the years and I only see our relationship growing stronger as time goes on. I just love you. :)
Okay, that's enough sap for tonight! In light of tomorrow being Halloween, I'm hopefully gonna watch a scary movie with Aaron, but knowing me and my ridiculous inability to watch scary movies, you may see another blog post tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment