Monday, October 25, 2010

Lots to Look Forward to

Something I'm looking forward to

You all know the obvious answer to this. I'm looking forward to peeing on a stick and seeing two lines. God knows how badly I'm looking forward to that! :)


But, I don't know when (or even if!) that will happen, so something I do know will happen that I'm looking forward to is family visiting for Christmas!

Aaron's parents and brother are coming down for an early Christmas celebration. They will be staying with us from December 18th to 22nd. We couldn't be happier to open our home to them. We're so looking forward to simply hanging out by the Christmas tree with them, listening to Christmas music, sipping on hot cocoa or egg nog and laughing our hearts out!


They took this picture today. As you can see, Aaron's dad, Dan, has lost all his hair from chemotherapy. He's keeping good spirits, though, and is charging right through his treatment, with the love and support of all his family and friends. :)

And then, as they leave on the 22nd, Sister and her husband, Tim, will be arriving to spend Christmas and, I think, New Years with us. I haven't seen them forever, so you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to Sister time!


I will also be finding out if IVF worked around the time they are all visiting.

I'm very excited to have all the ones I love the most around me to celebrate in potentially the best news imaginable!

But, I'm also grateful to have them all around me in case there is no reason to celebrate. I will have lots of shoulders to cry on.

Praying, praying, praying for the best Christmas present ever, though. Don't they say 3rd time is a charm? Well, this will be our 3rd Christmas where we've been trying to conceive. Let it be this Christmas!

5 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

Oh my goodness, when I opened my reader this morning and saw that picture by your name I almost died... CRUEL! I am praying right along with you that you will have something very special to celebrate this Christmas!

Anonymous said...

you tricked me too :) either way it sound like you're going to have a very beautiful holiday

Life Happens said...

You tricked us with that picture! I hope you will be able to get those two lines for Christmas!! Being surrounded by family is always a good thing. It will be exciting to have them around when you get that BFP!!

Rach said...

I'm looking foward to this too! I'm torn if I want to find out the results before or after Christmas.

Here's my estimated schedule

Suppression appt - 11/22
Stims start - 11/28
Retrieval - 12/9
Transfer - 12/14
Beta 12/22

Megan said...

Sounds like you've got lots of fun stuff planned in the coming weeks!! Prayers for a successful IVF!!