Remember reading this post? Remember the not-so-nice lady who was not-so-willing to bill my insurance for the not-so-cheap infertility testing because she thought there was a not a chance whatsoever that my insurance would cover the not-overpriced-at-all medical expenses?
Well, SHE WAS WRONG!!! I checked the status of our claims on-line and, sure enough, all but a small fraction for Aaron's blood work was covered (and that's because his yearly deductible had not been met).
So, you better believe that I printed out the claims, showing "Member Responsibilty: $0.00" for my $775.00 saline sonogram and "Member Responsibility: $49.10" for Aaron's $280.00 blood work.
And, you better believe I faxed them over to RSC's billing department, along with a copy of the $1,015.00 invoice.
And, you better believe I faxed all that over with a cover letter that stated the following:
Attached please find a copy of the invoice and receipt for our appointment on 10/11/2010. Further attached please find a printout of the claims from my insurance company. As you can see, my insurance covered everything, but $49.10 for Aaron’s work. Therefore, please submit a reimbursement of $965.90 directly to me A.S.A.P.
I would’ve preferred having my insurance billed first and then pay whatever wasn’t covered after hearing back from my insurance company. However, the receptionist that I spoke with said that my insurance doesn’t have infertility benefits and that was why I had to pay the full amount, even though I told her multiple times that it does cover infertility testing and diagnostics and that I’d like her to bill my insurance first, just to make sure. She even asked a co-worker if you should bill my insurance, which made me think it wasn’t standard to do so. It seems that if I hadn’t pushed to bill my insurance, it wouldn’t have happened and Aaron and I would be out $965.90.
If you need to get a hold of me, please call me @ _____________. Otherwise, please mail me a check A.S.A.P. to ________________.
Thank you! :)
I was really fiery writing it, but I was sure to include a happy face at the end so they know I'm a nice person!
I'm not going to have this experience be a reflection of RSC or of Dr. Weckstein, though. Overall, I have had great experiences with all the people there and Dr. Weckstein is hands down A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I don't want this one receptionist to ruin the place that will bring us our baby(ies).
Now, the question is...how long will it take for us to receive our reimbursement?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I knew that sounded suspect when she told you it wouldn't be covered, but yet your husbands SA was covered in the past.
Woohoo!
Yay, I'm so glad your insurance covered it!!! That's a lot of money to be paying. I hope they will get your reimbursement back to you fast!
Awesome...you go girl!
Yay, what a good feeling to have some $$ return to your bank account!! Nevermind that fact that it will likely be returned to them shortly for you IVF cycle :)
so glad that worked out! we're out-of-pocket and all diagnostics are covered: sonograms, HSG, hysteroscopy, SAs, blood work and ultrasounds. Some specialty blood work wasn't covered, but most was. most of my meds were also covered with the exception of fertility-specific meds like stims and HCG.
thanks for your comment on my blog! i'll be following your journey as well!
Post a Comment