Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sister

My Sibling

A conversation I had with Ella a couple days ago went something like this...

Ella, "Do you love Sister?" (when I talked about my sister, I just call her Sister)
Me, "Yes, very much so."
Ella, sadly, "I'm not a sister."
Me, "Well, Mommy and Daddy are trying to give you a baby brother or a baby sister."
Ella, "Then I'll be Big Girl Sister!"

Then, again, today she told me, "Mommy, I want to be a sister."

I think God is giving me hints that Ella is ready to be an older sister, just as I am an older sister to one of my favorite people in the whole word...Sister!

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.
(Amy Li)


Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
(Margaret Mead)


How do people make it through life without a sister?
(Sara Corpening)


Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.
(Author Unknown)


When mom and dad don't understand, a sister always will.
(Author Unknown)

No comments: