Aaron and I didn't talk about it all week (although, I did bring it up a few times). Then, Thursday morning Aaron calls me in the morning. While hurriedly getting Ella ready for school and myself ready for work every morning, Aaron always calls to tell me he made it safely to his classroom. But, this phone conversation wasn't a quick, "Hi, I'm here. Give Ella a big hug and big kiss for me."
He told me he had been thinking and decided he's okay with transferring two embryos "or more, if the doctor advises" (his words).
Later, I asked how he came to his decision and he said, first off, he was casually talking to his supervisor about our IVF plans, which she had already known a bit about. She jokingly said that she'd transfer five embryos with the amount we're spending. And even though no doctor in their right mind would allow a healthy young couple, like us, to transfer five (unless, of course, Octomom's doctor!), her statement apparently got to Aaron. He questioned himself. Why he was not willing to risk putting in two? Why he was so unwilling to welcome the possibility of twins into our lives?
Then, he heard a song on K-Love. He's been listening to it more and more on his drives to and from work, which makes me very happy! The song "Lead Me" by Sanctus Real makes him think of me. Here's the music video. Please watch, if you have a chance.
Sanctus Real - Lead Me (Official Music Video)
Uploaded by EMI_Music. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.
A song that changed Aaron's heart a little about our upcoming IVF is Josh Wilson's "Before The Morning." The chorus goes:
that you still have a reason to sing,
'cause the pain you've been feeling,
can't compare to the joy that's coming.
So hold on, you got to wait for the light
press on, just fight the good fight
because the pain you've been feeling,
it's just the dark before the morning.
We both know our "morning" is coming. This pain that we've been feeling will soon pass and we cannot begin to imagine the joy that's coming. I'm sure once we're holding our baby, all of this pain will be erased and all I will feel is complete and utter JOY!
Aaron's thinking, now, is that with all the money we're putting into this IVF, we should go all out and give it to God. And, what is meant to happen will happen.
So, there you have it, we will be putting in a minimum of two embryos (again, we are assuming we will have at least two healthy embryos). I'm not sure if Dr. Weckstein's opinion of how many to transfer will change given we now know about Aaron's sperm morphology.
8 comments:
Oh, Bobbi. Yay two! That's SO good! I am so excited for you. I watched the video. That is one of my favorite songs right now and I hadn't seen the video. It's pretty awesome the way the Lord is working in your lives.
I can't wait to see more.
You are so right, your morning is coming!
I adore that song...I had never heard it before...brought a tear to my eye. I am so excited that he decided on TWO embabies!! I will be praying for a successful transfer for y'all.
ps - thanks for joining team #hope
I will have to go back and watc/listen to that song- hubs has the sunday morning NFL tv blasted right now...I couldn't hear it if I tried! But I did want to say that I am so HAPPPY that Aaron and you decided on at least two!!! I think that was a very wise choice that neither of you will regret. You are in good hands, the Lords & Doctors. xoxoxoxox
I LOVE that song...actually both of them! I hadn't thought of Before The Morning in terms of our IF, but you're so right. I adore KLOVE, its a blessing to me each and every day since I discovered it last spring. I'm so excited that you're going with 2! Yay!! :)
I love, love, love both of those songs! I am so glad that you and Aaron are trusting His plan for you. I think you've made a very wise choice! I'm looking forward to reading more about your IVF journey!!
Bobbi, congratulations on making your choice! I definitely think two is the way to go. Thanks for visiting my blog, btw. I look forward to following your journey. I really, really hope this IVF cycle works out for you...what a great Christmas gift(s) that would be!!
How exciting!!!
Oh, Bobbi~ you have me in tears. Both of these songs are so so special to me. Clay and I have been going through some changes and these are two songs that I could listen to over and over. I am so glad y'all decided on transfering two embryos. I am praying for you and Aaron during this time...this is such exciting news!!
By the way, if I get Bryson's haircut it will be his 4th one since March/April of this year! Ha!!!
Post a Comment