This is going to be information overload right now, so bear with me!
Day 21 - Picture of myself
This picture was taken at a fun little park in Sunriver, Oregon. Ella is a little over 2-1/2 years old. This picture makes me smile because it captures the raw action of me being a mom and Ella being my daughter. No staged smiles, no say "Cheeeeeese!" Just us being. :)
Day 23 - Favorite vacation
Day 25 - Put my iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 27 - Pets
Day 28 - Something that stresses me out
Day 29 - 3 Wishes
Day 22 - Favorite city
That's an easy one...Portland, Oregon!
Day 23 - Favorite vacation
Well, my favorite vacation growing up has to be when my parents, Sister and I went to Walt Disney World and on the Disney cruise. That was such a fun week!
My favorite vacation as Mrs. Johnson has to either be one of the trips to Sunriver...
or one of the camping trips we've taken to Patrick's Point State Park.
Day 24 - Something I've learned
If there is anything I've learned throughout my life, and especially as of late with our infertility, is that I am not in control. God is in control of my life. I am such a take-charge, controlling, create-my-own-destiny type of gal, and even though having those traits does bring some direction in my life, God still has the final say. I've learned through our infertility the art of surrendering. I have surrendered our infertility to God. I have surrendered my life to God. I surrender my every day to God. Releasing that familiar and comforting control is hard, but once submitting it to God, I have felt so much better.
Day 25 - Put my iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Since I'm on our iMac, I'll just shuffle through our iTunes songs. This may be embarrassing, but here it goes...
1. Kelly Pickler - I Wonder
2. Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up
3. Theme song from Love Story
4. Switchfoot - Gone
5. Chris Daughtry - Over You
6. Eminem - My 1st Single
7. Ray LaMontagne - You Are the Best Thing
8. Celine Dion - Brahms' Lullaby
9. Brian Adams - Please Forgive Me
10. U2 - With or Without You
Day 26 - Picture of my family
This picture was taken at a nearby park a few months ago.
Day 27 - Pets
Bob, our 1-year old pug.
Zoe, our 7-year old black lab mix.
Day 28 - Something that stresses me out
A lot of things stress me out. But, I'm working on it. I guess a main stress is finances. With IVF, we weren't quite sure where our financial future would take us. But, once we determined it'd be best to have Aaron finish up his Master's degree in special education, thereby having the option to defer his student loan payments for another year, we feel better about things. We will have extra each month, and our goal is to either pay off our IVF debt or pay off our car, so that once the student loan payments kick in, we'll be sitting more comfortably. :)
Money is a common stress we all share, though. I guess another thing I stress about is time. I do not like being late to places, and if Ella chooses to take 15 minutes to put her shoes on or if Bob absolutely refuses to go in his crate or if Aaron won't leave the house without a mug of coffee, I get stressed. I can't stand that anxious feeling of not being on time. I can't imagine what it'll be like with two kids! So, I'm trying to train myself to give myself enough time to take care of Ella's shoes, Bob's stubbornness, Aaron's coffee and still manage to put a little mascara on! :)
Day 29 - 3 Wishes
Wish #1 - For IVF to work. Wait, better yet, to get pregnant naturally. :)
Wish #2 - For money to never be something to worry about, or in other words, to always be able to provide for my family.
Wish #3 - For three more wishes, of course!
Day 30 - A Picture
And I will leave you with a picture of my mom and me at my college graduation in June 2005. Don't we look alike??? :)
*All pictures, other than my own personal property, are courtesy of Google images.





3 comments:
You did SO much better than me. I think I have only gotten as far as day 7 on my challenge! DOH! Life got a wee bit busy and I got behind ... lol I shall try and pick it back up again. You and your Mom definitely look alike, especially the eyes! Beautiful!
Since I'm new to your blog, your post was a great way to "meet" you. :)
You asked why we transferred 3 for our IVF- well, we actually had several reasons. We went into the transfer hoping to do 3 because we only had one shot at IVF ($wise) and it was our Hail Mary. We wanted two children since we got married and twins were a much better option than an only child. I wanted our the IF chapter in our lives to be closed.
Then, we only had 3 left at transfer time, and so our RE suggested 3 before we could attempt to convince him to do 3 like we were planning to do. I didn't want to freeze only 1. Since our RE suggested it, we were pretty confident that it was the right choice for us, although it did make us worry that our RE thought our chance of success was less than great if he didn't want to do only 2. But it all worked out in the end- we got the family we had always dreamed about- two children: a boy and a girl. It just took a lot longer and a lot more $ to get there than we thought. :)
Oh, I want to do this! But I know I'll never finish it. Kudos to you, girl. This is such a fun and funny way to get to know you a little better. Loved it all!!
Post a Comment