Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blog Challenge - Day 1

I figured I might as well start the Blog Challenge tonight. Lucky for you!

Introduce, Recent Picture, 15 Interesting Facts

I was born in Stockton, California, but raised in Turlock, California. I have a younger sister and two amazing parents. :) Church was a big part of my life, as was school. I was (and still am) quite shy, and all throughout my school years, I buried my shyness in my academics, where I excelled. I graduated Turlock High School with over a 4.0 g.p.a., which gave me the opportunity to attend U.C. San Diego, where I majored in political science and minored in law and society. I worked at two law offices while living in San Diego, which made me further consider law as my ultimate career. A month after I graduated, I married the love of my life and moved up to Portland (where he is from). I worked at MacMillan, Scholz & Marks, P.C. as a legal assistant. Soon after working there I found out I was pregnant with Ella. On September 22, 2006, I brought my beautiful daughter into the world. When she was 6 months old, we moved back to my hometown, Turlock, where we are still living. For awhile there, I considered pursuing law school, but Aaron and Ella came first. I'm now working as a paralegal at the Law Office of Ronald W. Hillberg part-time, while being a wife and mom full-time.

That's pretty much my life in a very small nutshell. :)

As for a recent picture (other than the picture you see on my blog profile), this is a semi-recent picture. It was taken in April of this year.

On the pier in Monterey with my loves.

Okay, as for the 15 interesting facts...

1. I rearrange furniture and reorganize household accessories when I'm stressed. Aaron is constantly asking where things are because I move things around so much. :)

2. I hardly watch TV. So much so, in fact, that we have cancelled our HD, DVR and satellite service (other than basic cable) for almost two months and we haven't missed anything. We obviously couldn't cut out internet, though. When we were eliminating superfluous monthly expenses (to help pay for IVF), getting rid of TV was an easy decision.

3. I want four kids. Always have, always will. Aaron has always wanted two, but with what we have gone through to just conceive our second, he told me that he will not stop me from having four. :) Praying that it's in my cards. Adoption is not something I won't consider, though! God is good. There is no telling what our future holds.

4. When living in California, my favorite season is Fall. When living in Oregon, my favorite season is Spring.

5. Photography will always be a passion, despite the fact that my husband's talent so clearly excels my own.

6. Christmas is my favorite time of year, and although many people gripe about having decorations, etc. at stores even before Halloween, I have absolutely not problem with that. :)

7. I worry too much.

8. I am practically vegetarian. I hardly eat meat. The only meat I do eat is ground turkey and chicken, and even then, I usually make "meaty" meals only for Aaron. In fact, lots of times I go without when I do make meat for Aaron. But, give me a big juice hamburger, and I'm all over it. Go figure!

9. I am so crazy picky about cheese. I can eat a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, but make a grilled cheese sandwich with it, I couldn't eat it. I can't eat cheese on my pizza, either.

10. I have a huge passion for interior design, and if given the opportunity, I would change careers for that.

11. I was accepted to Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo as an architect major, which was a difficult program to get into. A huge part of me regrets not going there because I really feel like that might've been my calling. I'm so into architecture (mainly home design), but at the time I was accepted, I wasn't completely sure I wanted to dive into that 5-year commitment, so I chose to go to U.C.S.D. as an undeclared major.

12. Aaron loves pugs and soon after his childhood pug, Otis, passed away, I surprisingly bought home Bob, who has been Aaron's true joy and therapy this past year. Pugs are so expensive, though, with their eye and skin problems, but you can't put a price on him!

13. Our house looks like a completely different house, both inside and out, from when we moved here. Hard work and patience does pay off. :)

14. Every time we visit Portland, I get so excited to move back up there!

15. I never (and I mean never) pamper myself. I don't get pedicures or manicures. I used to have my hair professionally highlighted, but the money I spent on that now goes to my family and my family's needs. Maybe I should pamper myself every now and again? Every mom deserves some "me" time, and what better way than beautifying oneself.

Okay, I guess that's it for Day 1! I'm super tired, so I'm going to bed now. 'Night everybody!

2 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

It's nice to get to know you better!

Rach said...

I love all the fun facts! Fellow worrier here too!