A picture of something that makes me happy
Sunriver, Oregon. This place surely holds a special place in my heart.
I have been to Sunriver three times now and I hope to go back many, many more times. The first visit was only a few months after Aaron and I got married. We went up there with his parents and brother. Having not been there before, I was just amazed that a place like that existed. It's a small community of cabins, and being smack dab in the middle of Oregon, you can imagine the opportunities for outdoor activities. But not only that, but the place just screams, "Relax!" which is my #1 priority during every visit. And truly, there's nothing like hot tubbing when the snow is falling all around.
The second visit was when Ella was only two months old. Again, we went with Aaron's family. This visit was a lot of fun because it was our first trip as parents, and Ella's new grandparents and uncle got to spend a ton of time with the spunky two-month old. Yes, even at two months old, she was spunky!
Our third visit was in March 2009 when we drove up from California (since having moved there) and met a handful of Aaron's family. I hope the trend remains and we are able to go up there every couple years or so. Sunriver is truly one of God's masterpieces. Central Oregon is beautiful, and Sunriver captures the essence of this beauty.
And although very aesthetically beautiful, I think a lot of the beauty of Sunriver is held in my memories that lie there. The laughs, the adventures, the time together with Aaron's family, and not only just his parents and brother, but grandparents, aunts, uncles...everybody! I'm so blessed to have married into such a remarkable family. :)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Every couple of years we try and go to Topsail Island, NC...it's one of those places that we've been to quite a few times because we always have so much fun and family around.
I have many great memories of Sunriver too! It is the perfect place for a little relaxing!
Post a Comment